What should remote education look like? How can your child learn remotely if you don’t have a laptop? We answer your remote learning questions Earlier this week we announced all primary schools, secondary schools, colleges …
One of our most cherished school traditions, the annual Nativity play, has still taken centre stage across the country, despite the pandemic. In assembly halls, churches and classrooms the show has managed to go on, although as with almost everything …
On Saturday, the Government announced a new Tier 4 level of Covid-19 restrictions. Here we answer some of your questions about how the announcement will affect university students.
Despite the unprecedented challenges the global Covid pandemic has created this year, the Department for Education has been delivering on the Government’s promise to provide world-class education, training and care for everyone, whatever their background.
A maths teacher from a school in South West London was shortlisted for the Global Teacher Prize after his tuition website went viral during lockdown, helping millions of pupils in the UK and around the world to continue their studies …
Pupils all over the country have had their schooling disrupted by the pandemic and we know this has had an impact on their learning and progress.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021