Today, 18 August, there were some inaccurate reports in the media and on social media that students that received their vocational and technical qualifications (VTQ’s) last week, have been treated unfairly.
Today’s blog looks at our announcement of £6.5 million to place social workers in schools to support children most at risk during Covid-19. Social workers to work in schools to support vulnerable children On Thursday 21 May as part of …
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- New attendance stats show 99.9% of state schools are open 22 September 2020
- Coronavirus transmission in universities: your questions answered 21 September 2020
- Five important ways universities are adapting this year 18 September 2020
- Early intelligence shows “confidence in action” as 99% of schools open 10 September 2020
- Helping pupils catch up on the time they missed 8 September 2020