Today’s news review looks at coverage of the Key Stage 2 results we released yesterday.
Following the EU referendum result, there has been some media speculation on how this could negatively impact schools and pupils.
Today’s news review looks at head teachers’ concerns about EU pupils in their schools and a story about Ofsted statistics that misses a crucial fact.
Today’s education news review looks at an NUT survey about primary assessment and Ministerial commentary about Portsmouth Pride over the weekend.
Today's news review looks at commentary on rates of white working class boys attending university and an open letter calling for children to be taught how to engage with politics.
Today’s news review looks at stories from the weekend and today including pieces on concerns about a group of independent schools, celebrity Melanie Sykes finding a school place for her autistic son and sexual harassment in schools.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Top tips for graduates: Entering the job market in 2020 7 August 2020
- Education Secretary welcomes confirmation of exam appeals process 6 August 2020
- Children's Commissioner wants all pupils back in schools in September 5 August 2020
- Gavin Williamson on why cancelling exams will not hold students back 5 August 2020
- Returning to school in September: your questions answered 4 August 2020