Today’s blog looks at the Government’s offer of 30 hours’ free childcare for working families.
Today’s blog looks at school funding and outcomes for graduates.
Today's Education in the Media blog looks at misleading claims being made about school funding.
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at the announcement of an investigation into the department’s contract with learndirect following its recent Ofsted rating.
Today’s education in the media blog looks at the national funding formula, school finances, record numbers of mothers going back to work and the reversal of the driving ban for women in Saudi Arabia.
Today’s news review looks at some of the coverage of yesterday’s GCSE results.
Today’s news review looks at misleading errors in a Telegraph piece.
Today’s news review looks a report by the Commission on Inequality in Education report, UCAS Admission Statistics, and research reports looking at the impact of early education on young children.
Today’s news review looks at news reports on the higher education system.
Today’s blog looks at those from the education sector who have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours, coverage relating to the update of the new computer science GCSE, and a story about how teachers help adopted children.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021