Today’s news review looks at head teachers’ concerns about EU pupils in their schools and a story about Ofsted statistics that misses a crucial fact.
Today’s education news review looks at an NUT survey about primary assessment and Ministerial commentary about Portsmouth Pride over the weekend.
Today's news review looks at commentary on rates of white working class boys attending university and an open letter calling for children to be taught how to engage with politics.
Today’s news review looks at stories from the weekend and today including pieces on concerns about a group of independent schools, celebrity Melanie Sykes finding a school place for her autistic son and sexual harassment in schools.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- The Ofsted annual report 2019/20 1 December 2020
- “Exams are the best and fairest way for young people to show what they know and can do” – The Education Secretary on the importance of exams 29 November 2020
- The Department’s commitment rewarding teachers 26 November 2020
- How we’re supporting schools in the run up to Christmas and 2021 exams 25 November 2020
- “GCSEs and A levels are a matter of life chances” – why it is important that exams take place next year 17 November 2020