Following the EU referendum result, there has been some media speculation on how this could negatively impact schools and pupils.
Today’s news review looks at head teachers’ concerns about EU pupils in their schools and a story about Ofsted statistics that misses a crucial fact.
Today’s education news review looks at an NUT survey about primary assessment and Ministerial commentary about Portsmouth Pride over the weekend.
Today's news review looks at commentary on rates of white working class boys attending university and an open letter calling for children to be taught how to engage with politics.
Today’s news review looks at stories from the weekend and today including pieces on concerns about a group of independent schools, celebrity Melanie Sykes finding a school place for her autistic son and sexual harassment in schools.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021