Today’s news review looks at coverage of the Key Stage 2 results we released yesterday.
Following the EU referendum result, there has been some media speculation on how this could negatively impact schools and pupils.
Today’s news review looks at head teachers’ concerns about EU pupils in their schools and a story about Ofsted statistics that misses a crucial fact.
Today’s education news review looks at an NUT survey about primary assessment and Ministerial commentary about Portsmouth Pride over the weekend.
Today's news review looks at commentary on rates of white working class boys attending university and an open letter calling for children to be taught how to engage with politics.
Today’s news review looks at stories from the weekend and today including pieces on concerns about a group of independent schools, celebrity Melanie Sykes finding a school place for her autistic son and sexual harassment in schools.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Inaccurate petition on A level and GCSE grades this year 8 July 2020
- Statistics show schools welcoming back more young people 7 July 2020
- Misleading claims made by the TES 1 July 2020
- Reports about pupils returning to school in September 30 June 2020
- Rise in applicants planning to start university despite fears of deferrals 25 June 2020