Today's blog looks at reporting of a UCU survey on students looking to defer their university place if teaching is to take place online.
Today's blog looks at continued speculation about how and when schools might reopen to all pupils.
Today's blog looks at reports of calls for five conditions to be met before schools reopen due to coronavirus.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the impact of coronavirus on pupils eligible free school meals.
Answers to frequently asked questions from university students on how the coronavirus might impact higher education.
Today's blog focuses on measures to increase social workers amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- New attendance stats show 99.9% of state schools are open 22 September 2020
- Coronavirus transmission in universities: your questions answered 21 September 2020
- Five important ways universities are adapting this year 18 September 2020
- Early intelligence shows “confidence in action” as 99% of schools open 10 September 2020
- Helping pupils catch up on the time they missed 8 September 2020