Today's blog looks at reporting of a UCU survey on students looking to defer their university place if teaching is to take place online.
Today's blog looks at continued speculation about how and when schools might reopen to all pupils.
Today's blog looks at reports of calls for five conditions to be met before schools reopen due to coronavirus.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the impact of coronavirus on pupils eligible free school meals.
Answers to frequently asked questions from university students on how the coronavirus might impact higher education.
Today's blog focuses on measures to increase social workers amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Inaccurate petition on A level and GCSE grades this year 8 July 2020
- Statistics show schools welcoming back more young people 7 July 2020
- Misleading claims made by the TES 1 July 2020
- Reports about pupils returning to school in September 30 June 2020
- Rise in applicants planning to start university despite fears of deferrals 25 June 2020