In today’s edition of the The Times Red Box, the Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson, congratulated Cambridge University for its decision on free speech.
Today Ofsted published its annual report from 2019/2020. Below, we explore the report's key findings, and how the Department has supported the sector this year.
We are aware of speculation in the media about whether sports organisations and extra-curricular activities can continue under new national restrictions.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021