Today’s Education in the Media blog focuses on the plan for lifesaving skills to be taught in schools as well as the launch of the latest Get Into Teaching campaign. We also address the story on universities’ debts and music …
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at all the announcements we have made over the festive period, including our ambition to tackle the use of single-use plastics, the ‘activity passport’ for pupils and those in the education and social …
Today’s Education in the Media blog focuses on the Sutton Trust report and disadvantaged pupils in academy chains.
Today’s Education in the Media blog focuses on the new Office for Students report on grade inflation in universities.
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at the change to how student loans are classified in government accounting, and a press notice from Save the Children.
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at the Policy Exchange report on classroom behaviour and the NEU report on child poverty. In addition to this there is positive news about apprentices, and a response from the Education Secretary to …
Today our blog looks further at the Key Stage 2 statistics released yesterday, as well as a story about a grammar school actively working to improve access for disadvantaged pupils.
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at the latest UCAS admissions data, the narrowing disadvantage gap in primary schools and an update on the Taking Teaching Further programme.
Today’s Education in the Media blog focuses on the new £2 million research fund announced by the Social Mobility Commission.
Today’s Education in the Media blog looks at the Selective School Expansion Fund, our new report on child protection, and the latest guidance on safe out-of-school settings.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021