The Education Secretary Damian Hinds recently embarked on a fact finding mission to Germany and the Netherlands as part of his commitment to ensuring every child in this country will have a well-rounded, world-class education - regardless of whether they choose a technical or …
Early years pilots launched Schools are set to pilot improved measures to support children's early development in language and vocabulary in the Reception year, making sure they have the skills needed to thrive at school.
Education Secretary Justine Greening has written a comment piece for the Sun today, as part of the announcement of the first three T levels that will be taught from 2020.
Today’s media blog looks at speculation surrounding gender pay and school lockdown procedures.
Today’s news review looks at our reforms to GCSEs and the teaching of water safety in schools.
Today’s media blog looks at vice-chancellor pay, A level maths and an update on school cladding.
Today's news review features a podcast with the Education Secretary and Minister for Women and Equalities and looks ahead to the speech she is making at the British Chambers of Commerce this afternoon.
Following a report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies that looked into tuition fees, Jo Johnson, Minister for Universities, has outlined the government’s stance on the higher education system in England.
On Tuesday, 4 July, the national results for the 2017 Key Stage 2 tests and teacher assessments were published.
Today’s media blog looks at a Stonewall report on LGBT pupils and mental health in schools.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Summer activities, tutoring and extra funding for schools – How we’re helping students catch-up 25 February 2021
- What you need to know about grades in 2021 25 February 2021
- Chief Medical Officer: “If you keep children out of school, every single one of the children you keep out of school is disadvantaged” 24 February 2021
- An open letter from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson to parents, carers and guardians 23 February 2021
- All students to return to school and college from 8 March and what you need to know 22 February 2021