The Daily Mirror has today reported that the Department rejected an offer from BT of cheap broadband for disadvantaged families. This is not true - and the department enjoys a good working relationship with BT and EE.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Guidance on Free School Meals expectations while remote learning 15 January 2021
- Primary School application deadline 14 January 2021
- Get the facts about vulnerable and critical worker children 8 January 2021
- What should remote education look like? 8 January 2021
- Misleading reporting on working with BT to provide cheap broadband - read the facts here 8 January 2021