Today’s news review looks at provisional GCSE performance data, showing the positive outcomes for disadvantaged pupils at grammar schools. It also responds to a new report from the TUC on the gender pay gap.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- How will my grades be calculated? How will you make them fair? Exams and assessments regulator Ofqual on how GCSEs, AS and A levels will be graded this summer 8 April 2021
- Five things you need to know about behaviour in schools 7 April 2021
- Why do secondary school and college students have to carry on wearing face coverings? Your questions answered 6 April 2021
- Everything you need to know about the Government’s newly launched ‘Abuse in Education’ Helpline 1 April 2021
- How a free qualification could help you get ahead in work 1 April 2021