Today’s news review looks at provisional GCSE performance data, showing the positive outcomes for disadvantaged pupils at grammar schools. It also responds to a new report from the TUC on the gender pay gap.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Inaccurate petition on A level and GCSE grades this year 8 July 2020
- Statistics show schools welcoming back more young people 7 July 2020
- Misleading claims made by the TES 1 July 2020
- Reports about pupils returning to school in September 30 June 2020
- Rise in applicants planning to start university despite fears of deferrals 25 June 2020