Today’s news review looks at provisional GCSE performance data, showing the positive outcomes for disadvantaged pupils at grammar schools. It also responds to a new report from the TUC on the gender pay gap.
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- Skills for Jobs White Paper: your questions answered 22 January 2021
- Schools to get two weeks’ notice before opening to more pupils 21 January 2021
- Creating a more resilient education system built on technological and digital foundations and how "Government can't do this alone" - Nick Gibb at the BettFest conference 20 January 2021
- Pausing daily contact testing and self-isolation of pupils and teachers: your questions answered 20 January 2021
- Guidance on Free School Meals expectations while remote learning 15 January 2021