Today’s education news review looks at calls from the UK’s four Children’s Commissioners for the law to be changed on smacking as they addressed the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
Related content and links
About the Education in the media blog
Education in the media is the Department for Education’s blog on the latest topical education and equalities issues. This blog features a review of leading media stories, rebuttal to news stories, as well as Ministerial comment.
Recent blog posts
- How we’re supporting schools in the run up to Christmas and 2021 exams 25 November 2020
- “GCSEs and A levels are a matter of life chances” – why it is important that exams take place next year 17 November 2020
- Question and answers: SAGE papers on Covid 19 transmissions in schools 13 November 2020
- Questions and answers on Christmas guidance for university students 12 November 2020
- Ofsted reports on the effects of lockdown 10 November 2020